Additional Protection for Online Transactions
To improve the security of online debit and credit card transactions, Central Bank has teamed up with MasterCard® and Arcot Systems™ to provide MasterCard® SecureCode™.
SecureCode is easy to use:
- Just like a PIN code is required for in-person transactions, a pop-up window will display when you make an online purchase at a participating merchant for you to enter your password.
- After you enter your password, the information is authenticated and then the transaction is submitted to your financial institution for authorization.
- By activating SecureCode, your card cannot be used at a participating online merchant without authentication by an authorized user of your account.
Get Started with MasterCard® SecureCode™
- You can enroll your card by either visiting Shazam's MasterCard SecureCode site or at a participating online merchant where you’ll be prompted to create your own SecureCode prior to checkout.
- When this happens, a window from SHAZAM will appear and you will be guided through the simple enrollment.
- Once you’ve created your private SecureCode, you must then use it for future purchases at participating online merchants.
Please Note: SecureCode is a free service, however, when you enroll your debit card, you may notice a $1 authorization charge by Arcot Systems on your account. This is a temporary charge to verify that your account is valid and that the information you entered is correct. The $1 charge will be reversed within 24-48 hours.
If you have any questions about how to create or use your SecureCode, please take a look at SHAZAM's frequently asked questions about MasterCard SecureCode or contact Central Bank for more information.