Deposit Your Business Checks Quickly and Efficiently
Do you spend a good deal of money on courier services to deposit checks? Do you wish you could spend less time each week driving to the bank to deposit checks? Do you wish you could have quicker access to deposited funds?
If you answered “yes,” to any of these questions, Central Bank has a solution to help: E-Deposit Remote Capture. This allows you to quickly scan your business checks at your office location(s) to have them deposited into your account without having to leave.
By using E-Deposit you can:
- Capture the images and transaction information of checks accepted for payment.
- Deliver this information electronically to Central Bank in a format where the checks can be processed as if the items had been physically received.
- Dramatically reduce courier costs.
- Create reports on items that have been deposited.
- Remotely administer deposits at branch locations.
Q: What software do I have to install to use E-Deposit?
A: Since the application is all web-based, the only software you have to install is a software driver for the scanner. Updates are available without needing installation.
Q: What do I need to do with the original checks after I scan them?
A: The physical checks should be stored securely and then shredded or incinerated within 90 days of processing. As there may be instances where Central Bank needs the original check because the scanned image is unreadable, we recommend you keep the original check for at least 90 days.
Q: How secure is E-Deposit when transferring digital checks?
A: E-Deposit uses industry-standard 1024-bit encryption in its website, as well as dual-authentication process during login. You can rest assured knowing your transfers are safe.
Q: What software, hardware and Internet requirements are there for using E-Deposit?
A: You can find these requirements here.
Getting Started with E-Deposit Remote Capture
To get started with E-Deposit for your business, simply contact any of the following Central Bank staff. They can answer any questions you have and get a solution ready for your business.
- Sioux City- Steve Boden - (712) 293-2265
- Spirit Lake - Dustin Pohlman - (712) 336-4100
- Cherokee - Julie Dhabalt - (712) 225-2546
- Storm Lake - Susan Jimmerson - (712) 732-2190
- Des Moines - William Boord - (515) 254-9000
- Ankeny - Larry Anderson - (515) 473-7033